Saturday, 16 November 2013

My Sketch Book

Although most posts are artwork done at school, I also have my own personal sketch books at home. I decided to share my drawings. I don't have specific reasons or meanings for the drawings. Most drawings were for my older brother. When I first realized that my drawings were actually good, I knew I wanted to impress my brother. Soon other people were impressed by them too. So I know that a lot of the drawings aren't very girly but I love them anyways. The drawings aren't in the order that I actually did them, so I included the year that they were drawn. Enjoy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2011: Here I was just doodling. This was actually the day I realized how good I could draw if I tried. I didn't realize until my family members told me and wanted to show it to other people.  I often hear people say that they suck at drawing. But have you truly TRIED?  I used to say the same thing until I actually tried and didn't give up. Everything takes practice, but you have to have the patience. This drawing compared to my new ones is obvious not as good. But I practiced and I got better. This drawing was from over two years ago and I am still improving.  


2011: one of the first drawings I made for my brother. A simple skull with a design behind it.To me this looks awful but I still want people to see my progress. 


2012: A simple cat drawing. This is when I first started incorporating my love of animals into my drawing. The detail and shading isn't the best but I refuse to change anything I've drawn. It is a reminder of how I have improved.


2013: Halo 4. One of my favourite video games. I knew I had to draw something important to all the games. So of course I drew something related to the main character. 


2013: A small sketch of a bird. I love animals, so of course I love drawing them as well. This was a short sketch which is why it isn't very detailed. 


2011: One of the many drawings for my brother. I actually drew the wings and the monster first. It made it difficult to draw in the grim reaper but I knew I had to include it no matter what. 


2011: Gears of War. For the other gamers. I found multiple things related to the game such as the quote, the main title symbol, and the dog tags of the characters in the game. 


2013: Wolves. At first I was going to draw a regular wolf but I decided I wanted something that would better catch people's attention. 


2011: Skyrim. Though it is not one of my personal favourite games, it was one that my brother enjoyed. Since I didn't know a lot about the game, I drew the main title symbol. I tried drawing in a dragon after I saw the ones in the game, but I knew it had to be great. So, I gave it it's own page. 


2013: A dragon inspired by the Skyrim drawing. I didn't finish the whole body of the dragon, so I focused the detail on the head and included shading. 


2012: An unfinished skull drawing. This is when I first started focusing more on shading. When I draw, it never looks good enough to me. So I often spend a long time on drawings such as this one. I felt bad about not finishing it, but my favourite art teacher once told me that "even famous artists have unfinished work".


2013: I actually drew this shark today. I started the basic outline about a week ago and never finished it. No I didn't give up, I took a break until I felt inspired and I came back to it and finished it. It took me about an hour or so. I get very into drawing so I don't realize how much time goes by. I've gone 4 hours non stop drawing in my sketch book, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 


2013: I also drew this today in about 15 minutes, which explains the uneven lettering and lack of detail. I draw a lot of sketches that take about 5-10 minutes as practice. This drawing was originally inspired by all of the Assassin's Creed games, but since the games don't have a main character that reappears in every game, I decided to go with the main symbol for the most recent assassins creed game, Black Flag. Assassins creed is my favourite game series. Trying to find time around school and daily obligations to do so many things that I love doing is very difficult. This is why I draw and doodle during school( it has become a habit of mine). 

1 comment:

  1. The unfinished skull is so rich and dark. I wouldn't call it unfinished. By leaving areas unfinished it is more creepy!

    ReplyDelete