Thursday, 21 January 2016

A Vision of Poetry

I researched a lot of poems and I didn't find many that I truly related to. I wanted something that other teenagers could relate to as well.

This poem is called "Your Worth" by Caitlyn Morton.

They say never give up,
Never give in,
Keep fighting that fight,
So the devil doesn't win. 
Through the hurt and the pain, 
The sorrow and the shame, 
The one thing you need to remember, 
Is that tomorrow is never the same. 

Hold on to your hopes and dreams,
For your fears are less than they seem,
So to all of those who feel like they are losing the fight,
And to those who feel like there is no hope in sight, 
Take a minute to look at the sky
And remember that there's something 
Out there bigger than you and I. 

Just like today, 
The sun will shine again, 
Through the clouds and the rain, 
The sun still remains, 
And all the darkness will fade away. 

So hold your head high,
And feel the warmth,
It may remind you,
What you are truly worth.

It can be found here:

http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/your-worth

To me this poem is very encouraging for teenagers who might be having a hard time. Whether it be with school, friends, relationships, job, or family.

This next poem is called "Stay Strong" by Stephanie G.

You might not understand it, you might just ask why
That all I want to do, is just lay down and die

I tried to get help; I tried to see the light
But no matter what I did, I just couldn't win the fight

It was more than it seemed, it was more than you thought
Though sadly a little, is all you caught

I attempted to do the wrongs; I attempted to let life go
Now I wear long sleeves, afraid my attempts will show

I knew this wasn't the right place, I knew I had to get out
So I took my courage, and I let it shout

I did the thing I was afraid of; I did the thing I didn't like
And told someone my story, so that suicide wouldn't strike

I don't like to talk, I don't like to share
But I know this was best, before I start not to care

I will see the doctor soon, I will make it through
I know if I do, you can make it to

You can find the poem here : http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/getting-help-stay-strong

This I another encouraging poem that I really liked. As you can tell, these are not famous poets. Many of the people on the website are teenagers just like many of us. That fact helped me relate to their poems even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment